Saturday, January 26, 2013

We made it!  We are on the ground in Australia!

There have been some hiccups in the process which I will explain in a second, but first a picture.

Our first Southern Hemisphere sunrise (on the plane):


Upon arrival, the people that we are renting the house from picked us up at the airport and had a little surprise...wait for it...they didn't have the house ready.  They softened the blow by having us go to their vacation house about 75 km north of Sydney (a town called Woy Woy).  We spent from Tuesday until Friday there and came back yesterday.  The house still isn't ready, but it is closer.  We are now staying with the colleague from the University of Sydney who I will be working with.  Hopefully the house will be ready tomorrow.  Today is Australia Day so Gavin and I took the train to downtown Sydney and viewed the sites.




I will post more details about what is going on in a few days.  Until then--please know that we are missing you.  Love, Lee and Gavin





4 comments:

  1. Hi Gavin and Lee! Great pictures and what a fun day to cruise around. You are already having fun, as you should! We miss you so much, but we are in the regular grind of routine instead of what you are up to. Enjoy yourselves ! We will have to return to some of the spots you liked best so we can see'em too. Today is Regionals. School bus has left already. I leave in another hour. xoxoxoo -Mommy/Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went for a walk with Anna and got the details on your fun bank/house problems. But now I see the photos and feel a little less sorry for you....hope you and Gavin enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure for you guys! (And, not a bad place in which to find yourselves homeless!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Gavin have a cool Aussie accent yet? Is he saying, "Crikey?" How was the first day of school down under? Please post a photo of Gavin in uniform!!

    ReplyDelete